09 January 2017
Maraming Magandang Filipino Films.
1. All of you is very different from the tandem’s last team-up in “Engling Only, Please”. I thought I’d be disappointed but I wasn’t.
2. Jennylyn and Derek proved that they are really good actors in this movie. Jennylyn’s attacks are very real, it’s as if she’s not acting. This is Derek’s best act so far. I told myself he will take home the best actor award and guess what, I’m right.
3. In my opinion, there was an attempt to make this a “Before Sunrise” type of movie but somehow didn’t deliver because other characters are needed for the flow of the story.
4. The songs used in this movie are both promising. “Dying Inside” is one of my fave 90s songs and Darren Espanto’s version is good. “Natapos Tayo” by Nar Cabicois the heart of sad scenes. Good job, Nar!
5. Nothing extraordinary, No big scenes, No hugot lines but it will make you love the movie more. The music, the scenes and the actors are solid. You did it again, Direk Dan Villegas: You’re the man! More movies like this, please.
1. The cinematography of this movie is awesome. The drone, underwater, long and close-up shots were all good. It’s just that there are few scenes that have grainy shots, I don’t know why it was like that but it’s not good for viewers but not bad as well.
2. Jericho Rosales proved again that he is a good actor. He can be a jerk musician then switch to a lovable pinoy surfer dude. Erich Gonzales for me is the most improved actress, this is the first time that I see her without awkwardness in her acting. Jasmine Curtis-Smith is really a good actress. I watched her in Baka Bukas and Imagine You and Me and her acting attack? Effortless. She’s even better than her sister, Anne Curtis-Smith.
3. The story is ok-ok. I believe that there should be at least a back story for their sub-plots. To be honest, remove the story of Erich and the movie will still be complete. Cameo galore, fun to see a lot of actors.
4. Hale’s Alon is the perfect choice for the film’s theme song. Good job, Champ Lui-Pio! I know Echo can sing and he is a musician in the movie but the scene where he is singing a song for Jasmine’s character, I was lost. Sorry, Echo (you’re a good actor though). 5. If people will ask me what will I remember with this movie, it will be SIARGAO the place. Good job, Direk Paulo Sariano! You deserve the award.
6/10 for me. Watch
1. When I saw the trailer of this movie, I told myself, “uhhhhhmm, how original?” (Think HAUNTED HOUSE, HAUNTED MANSION…). The story? GMA’s Luna Blanca and some horror story with virgin ladies being the target of the maligno. How original right? (Sorry guys ✌🏻️).
2. In my opinion, this will be a better movie if they include this in the “Aswang Chronicles” franchise. I mean, the “SITSIT” is one of the least popular “maligno” just like Kubot and it’ll be better if Erik Matti took charge of it. (Sorry guys ✌🏻️).
3. How many times have we seen the city girl who is the “pasaway” in the family as the victim of the maligno? Countless right? If that’s your kind of movie, this is for you. (Sorry guys ✌🏻️).
4. The cast. I really don’t know how the director and the producer picked the cast for this movie. The lead actress is very awkward. Her cousin in the movie is a way better actress than her but always cast as the best friend or the second lead. The guys who played their partners in this movie? I can compare to the 3rd wheel actor from the Vince & Kath & James movie, so blah. Joey is ok-ok but his role is small so you won’t see a lot him. I actually though he is the sitsit. (Sorry guys ✌🏻️).
5. A horror film that is funny and annoying. The albularyo scene is horrific. The climax of the movie is a fail. Betong is not funny. The only reason why I watched this film is because it’s free. (Sorry guys ✌🏻️).
I know I’ve said “Sorry” many times in this review, it’s because I believe that if you have nothing good to say, don’t talk, but I need to review this movie just like the other MMFF entries.
1. I think I’ve seen this movie already in the MMFF 2016, was my first reaction at the beginning of the film. 2 gay best friends with death as the main story, but I’m wrong this movie is very different from Die Beautiful.
2. Just like Paolo and Christian, Joross and Edgar gave justice to their characters. You would actually think that they are both gays in real life. EA Guzman is a revelation, he truly deserve the award. IMO though, he could have been included in the best actor category as well.
3. This is one of those movies that will make you go crazy. It’s a rollercoaster of emotions. One minute you’re crying then you’ll be laughing the next scene, without briefing.
4. Is Eugene Domingo’s character just a cameo in this film? Without a doubt, most of my laughter were because of her scenes. She’s didn’t even say a word but her face, her facial expression, it’s priceless. Hands down, Uge! 👌🏻
5. I was a bit shocked with the ending because I didn’t see that coming. It was done tastefully and hindi “pilit”.
Moral of the story – Don’t be a snake. Especially with your friends, “wag ahas”. Know your boundaries. Serious note, Soulmates are not just your gf/bf/husband and wife. They can also be your mother, sister, cousin or your Best Friend.
1. I’m not a big fan of musicals (except High School Musical 😂). I sometimes find it boring when they sing all their lines. I had hesitations watching this movie because it’s a period musical and I know the lines would be “malalim na tagalog”, but Surprisingly, I liked it.
2. The lead actresses Rachelle and Joana did great. In every scene, every song and every confrontation, they did great. 👌🏻
3. Paulo Avelino did great as well in this movie, minus the singing part. Just by whispering to Rachelle’s character, you will feel the sexiness that his character wanted you to feel.
4. The production set is good. They could’ve done it better if they have other setting than the house and the church but I’m not complaining.
5. The cameo actors are all great but the one who out shined them all is Celeste Legaspi. I think there were only 2 or 3 scenes but she nailed every scene that she’s present.
1. The last MMFF movie of Vice that I watched was Girl, Boy, Bakla, Tomboy. I was forced to watch it because 3/4 wanted it and The movie I want to that time was Kimmy Dora. We were also forced to watch Sisterakas in 2012 because Sosy Problems had a technical difficulty and Sisterakas is the only film available for the last full show. In short, I don’t like VG’s MMFF entries.
2. Surprisingly, this movie is her best yet.
3. They could’ve thought of better names other than Gandarra, Flawlessa, Higopa and Pospora. Hey, it’s just me, I’m sure your target audience liked it though.
4. I don’t usually laugh while watching films especially slapstick comedy. There were 2 scenes in this movie that made me smile though but the whole cinema is filled with laughter. It’s almost full, not bad on a Tuesday night. Iba talaga pag movie ni Vice.
5. Pia is not bad or good in this movie. There are many rooms for improvement but she did ok for her first movie. IMO though, this is not a good first movie fit for a Miss Universe. She can be the new Darna. Peace Lizquens ✌🏻️.
1. Honestly, I don’t have any idea that there is a Panday movie in the MMFF 2017. Maybe because I spent most of the time now being online than watching TV. I believe Chard just did Panday last 2016, right? Why do it again? Ahhhh, because you consider him as the “FPJ” of this era.
2. The story is very different from the previous Panday movies. At first, I thought it was good but as it go on, I got lost. There are so many subplots that are unnecessary and unexplained.
3. Another thing, I thought I was watching “Ang Probinsyano” because most of the cast of that series are part of this film. Kudos to Coco Martin for giving jobs to all these people. Keep it up! I didn’t even know he is the director of this movie. 👍🏻
4. The rap-off scene was soooo annoying. Imagine in the middle of a demolition people started doing freestyle rapping. I have to give it to them that it is creative but it’s really annoying.
5. The only saving grace of this movie is somehow the cinematography and the CGI effects. Think, Aswang Chronicles ✖️ Encantadia (this is the second time I mentioned Aswang Chronicles in my reviews) combined. Also, who would’ve thought that the chaotic Divisoria could be an artistic location. Very clever!
1. Bossing’s film festival movies is my annual movie date with my Mommy Yo for 15 years already. We always watch his movie on the first day but this year it’s different. We watched it on the last day of the festival but for me, this is Vic Sotto’s best festival entry yet.
2. The story is not new at all. Think Parent Trap and all those Kids-Trying-To-Reconcile-Their-Parents movies, this is nothing different.
3. Most of movies really have subplots especially for the supporting characters but the love stories of Christian and Rihanna and Alex and Diego are both shallow and obviously added for nothing.
4. Baste truly deserve the Best Child Performer Award. His innocence and the way he delivers his line, it is soooooo cute. He made me cry a couple of times in this movie. His Mama and Papa must be very proud.
5. The best part of this movie is the flashback. It was very creative. I enjoyed all of it. It’s nice to see Tintin Hermosa on screen again. I hope she can do more movies in the future.