Baguio Trip with some Platinum Peeps.
Team Torres 2015 Summer Activities.
04 January 2017
Maraming Magandang Filipino Films.
Sunday Beauty Queen
- It’s very unusual for a documentary to be selected to join MMFF. Guess what? It’s a good “movie”.
- Mixed Emotions at it’s finest. You will laugh, you will cry, feel sorrow, feel the love and a whole lot more.
- This movie will make us understand that people working abroad are not just traveling or having fun in other countries.
- The cinematography is good. The color, the tone and the transition of the scenes were executed properly.
- Each story will touch your heart. Mylyn’s story touched my heart the most and it made me cry
- It is a typical MMK or MPK story but executed beautifully.
- Paolo Ballesteros’ efforts paid off. Truly, after years of waiting, his time arrived.
- Christian Bables is the scene stealer. He played the role of BFF Barbs flawlessly. You would feel the friendship with the mere body language.
- The cameo roles of Iza Calzado, Eugene Domingo and Luis Alandy made an impact, short but remarkable.
- Direk Jun Lana created another masterpiece. I can see a lot of International Film Festivals for this movie.
- The cinematography of the movie is good. The color is smooth and clean.
- Suspense/Horror is really Direk Erik Matti’s genre. Successful scaring.
- The child star who played Angela is very convincing as an evil girl.
- The performance of Ronnie Alonte who played one of the priests, is better compared to his acting in Vince & Kath & James, but still needs improvement. I just thought that it would be better if Dominique Roque played his role and vice versa.
- It’s like Shake Rattle & Roll, only better.
- I enjoyed the movie so much that I forgot the setting is not real.
- The approach of the movie is like a project from college but created by the best students.
- Rhian Ramos and Enzo Marcos are both effective playing Sally and Marty. It’s as if they are not acting.
- The best friend who is secretly in love with the other best friend is a sure bucks. Admit it, we all had that kind of story back in school.
- 2 surprises on this movie : The after credit which I almost miss and my ultimate blogger crushSaab Magalonain a cameo role.
Vince & Kath & James
- I didn’t know that this movie was based on a viral “textserye” on Facebook. Thanks to my niece.
- Surprisingly, it’s a nice movie. I may not be their target audience but I enjoyed it.
- Julia Barretto can act but she’s more on the drama side than rom-com.
- Joshua Garcia is a revelation. He can act. He can give John Lloyd and JM de Guzman a run for their money. On the other hand, the producer should’ve picked a better actor to play James instead of Ronnie Alonte.
- Soundtrack is good. From Ylonna and Bailey to Daniel Padilla to Ebe Dancel. Mabuhay ang OPM!
Ange Babae Sa Septic Tank 2 #ForverisNotEnough
- The way this movie discussed the predictable formulas of a mainstream rom-com movie is brilliant.
- The movie is quite short than the usual 2-hour Pinoy movies but it didn’t affect the flow of the story. I hope it is longer for the sole reason that it’s a fun movie.
- I don’t know the reason for picking “Forever Is Not Enough” to be the theme song but it worked. Especially the Ukelele scene.
- The steam bath scene is the most hilarious. I won’t be a spoiler, just watch.
- Eugene Domingo is Eugene Domingo. I will never get tired of her comedic acting, at least for now.
*Didn’t get the chance to watch Oro and Kabisera
24 September 2015.
ZEDD || Moments Of Clarity, 2013
ALESSO || CloseUp Forever Summer, 2014
MARTIN GARRIX || Live at Valkyrie, 2014
04 July 2015.
Universal Studios Singapore.
07 July 2015.
As we all know, Singapore has a tropical rainforest climate with no distinctive seasons. The temperature is usually high and very humid. If you’re planning to go out and visit outdoor tourist spots, it is advisable to do it in the afternoon. It may be hot at one point and then it might rain afterwards. It is always best to bring a polo or cardigan that can protect you from the rain or the cold temperature inside the malls.
Classic Black Round Neck Shirt : H&M || Plaid Long Sleeve Shirt : Forever 21 || Ripped Jeans : Forever 21 ( I ripped it myself though *wink*) : White Sneakers : Fred Perry || Aviator Sunglasses : RAYBAN
What do you think of this #LyndonOOTD? Yay or nay?
07 July 2015.
The main reason of this trip is to extend the #SummerHits. Since I didn’t have any beach encounter during the summer season in the Philippines, I’ve decided to visit Phuket with my new travel buddy, Hazel. Unfortunately, there’s a typhoon during our whole trip, so we didn’t enjoy the beach that much. It didn’t stop my #LyndonOOTD shoot though. *Wink*
Black Dotted Polo Shirt: OLD NAVY || Royal Blue Shorts : AEROPOSTALE || Tri-Color Boat Shoes : PAYLESS ( Christmas gift from my pamangkins ) || Black Overnight Bag : LONGCHAMP || Aviator Sunglasses : RAYBAN || White Fedora Hat : I can’t recall where i bought it. Lol!
How about you guys, what are your summer season must haves? Care to share?
12 September 2015
To be honest, I WAS never a fan of the “Juan for All and All for Juan” segment of Eat Bulaga. Once in a while, I’d be able to watch an episode or two because my family members are loyal EAT BULAGA fans, but I never really get to watch the full segment.
One night, my mom and brother kept on calling each other “Yaya” and “Rogelio”. I was like: “Who are these people?”. Only to find out that these are the names of the new characters of the segment. There’s this one Saturday when I got to watch a whole segment, which is also being referred to as “Kalye-Serye”, and this was the YaKie wedding where Yaya Dub fainted. Surprisingly, I enjoyed it, however, it did not compel me to be a daily viewer.
Then, something happened on September 5, 2015…
My best friend, Patty, was confined at St. Luke’s BGC. I was able to watch Alden Richards’ performance for the wild card entry of BULAGA PA MORE, but I’ve decided to grab something for lunch and missed the final half of the episode. Patty excitedly told me that Alden and Yaya Dub were able to finally see each other in person only to be separated by a thin wall before they could touch each other. My initial reaction was “Ah…. Sayang!”.
After a long day in the hospital, I went home. I was all alone in the house because my family attended an event in Pampanga, and being the paranoid that I am, I was finding it hard to sleep. It’s 7am of the following day and I have yet to get any decent sleep, so I just browsed newsfeeds from my Facebook timeline and saw someone shared a video with the caption “NAGKITA NA SILA!”. Just for the heck of it, I watched the video. At first, I found that when Yaya Dub and Alden were running around the stage to get a glimpse of each other a little on the corny side BUT when their eyes met, with the song “God Gave Me You” at the background, and saw the smile on Maine’s eyes emanating what seemed to be pure joy, I was moved by how genuine everything seemed and overcame with emotions that I cried.
Source: ALDUB LOVE STORY (youtube) and www.iweb.ph
That day, I re-watched not only the entire episode, but also that magical moment that happened between the time 3:51 to 4:46 of this very episode countless of time. Each time, each viewing brought tears to my eyes. Since then, I became an official ALDUB fan.
I knew Alden Richards released an album in 2013, with the help of my friend, I was able to score a copy. Thank you, Manay Agnes!
If only Maine Mendoza aka Yaya Dub already released an album, I would also surely secure a copy.
It would seem the stars where in the right alignment for me to meet one half of this worldwide phenomenon because my friend, Joanne, was invited by Sir AK to visit him at Broadway last September 11, 2015, and since I’ve been trying to convert her to become an Aldub fan, she thought of bringing me with her. I thought we will just have a quick meeting at the artist’s hallway but one of the staff escorted us to the side stage so we can watch the show first while waiting for Sir AK.
As I watched Alden’s segment there was absolutely no doubt he is really the Pambansang BAE. I thought that the whole building would literally collapse when he went onstage with Sam YG as the audience screamed their hearts out for him. The atmosphere and the excitement reminded me of something similar to the J&J Teen Cheer Competition or the UAAP/NCAA opening ceremony.
As I said earlier, the stars were in alignment as I was able to meet Alden. Unfortunately, Yaya Dub, being part of the “Sugod-Bahay Gang” with JOWAPAO (Jose, Wally and Paolo), is often on location, so there was really a slim chance of a photo-op with her.
That’s me and my friend, Joanne with the Pambansang BAE, Alden Richards.
Before we left, Mr. Joey de Leon arrived. I called him ‘Tito Joey’, then, I remembered how he doesn’t want to be called Tito. So after this photo was taken, I redeemed myself and called him ‘Sir Joey’. This makes it 1 out of 3, and, hopefully on my next visit, I’ll have a photo-op with Bossing and Tito Sen.
Thank you very much, Joanne and Sir AK! Until next time.
Did I forget to mention that on the day of my visit it was also the premiere of Aldub’s first ever TVC – the one for McDonald’s newest product? Well, it was, and being an Aldub Fan, of course, I not only tried it but I enjoyed it as well.
Call me Baduy, Pathetic or Jologs, I don’t care. I. Just. Don’t. Care.
Hahahaha! Until next time!