07 January 2019
JACK EM POPOY: THE PULISREDIBLES
VIC SOTTO || MAINE MENDOZA || COCO MARTIN
APT ENTERTAINMENT || CCM FILM PRODUCTIONS || M-ZET PRODUCTIONS
- The Bossing and Cardo tandem quite surprised me. I am not expecting a chemistry but there is a very decent amount of onscreen chemistry.
- Maine is Maine. You’ll just love to see her but I must say she improved a lot with her acting.
- Compared to Vic’s previous festival entries, there’s a big improvement since last year’s entry (Meant to Beh). Consistent!
- The plot twist is Pinoy film cliche, but still acceptable.
- The flashback and editing were done tastefully.
EDDIE GARCIA || TONY MABESA || GLORIA ROMERO
HEAVEN’S BEST ENTERTAINMENT
- In my 3 years of doing this MMFF review, this is the best movie yet.
- Gloria Romero’s best actress was a well deserved award. You can feel the pain and love from her character in the movie.
- This is not your typical storyline, but again I’ve predicted the twist.
- Max Collins’ did well in this movie. Few scenes but all were excellent.
- The only thing that bothered me was the editing. It’s just minimal though.
JEROME PONCE || RICCI RIVERO
- Another barkada bullying horror film.
- Another orphanage and priest involved horror film.
- In fairness, there are scary moments, I startled twice. 🙂
- The most of the actors (barkada members) need more improvement on their acting.
- The saving grace of this movie is Irma Adlawan.
ONE GREAT LOVE
DENNIS TRILLO || JC DE VERA || KIM CHIU
- I’m torn if I like this movie or not, but it is an okay movie.
- Dennis Trillo is really a brilliant actor. His acting is effortless and very real.
- Kim Chiu improved a lot with her acting but the baby girl is still there, more maturity.
- The theme song is very lovely. Nakaka-in-love.
- Maybe one of the things I disliked in this movie was the trying hard to leave an impact with the expression, “Move on, Tanga!”. So cringe-y!
Anne Curtis || Marco Alcaraz
VIVA FILMS || ALIUD ENTERTAINMENT
- I fell in love with the cinematography. It was very pleasing to the eyes.
- The underwater and drone shots were artistically done. The location will give you a Hollywood feel.
- The music was really scary. Listening to to it alone is enough to scare you.
- The story is quite disappointing, especially the giant plot.
- The ending was a fail. Days in the ocean but they look like they just got tired from swimming the whole day, except the GIANT. WTH?!
THE GIRL IN THE ORANGE DRESS
JERICHO ROSALES || JESSY MENDIOLA
QUANTUM FILMS || STAR CINEMA || MJM PRODUCTION
- Quantum Films and MJM Production’s movies are my most awaited films every MMFF. I must say this one didn’t excite me but it was good.
- The story is quite Korean-ish. Think Full House and My Sassy Girl.
- Jericho Rosales is very charming and Jessy Mendiola is very pretty in this movie.
- The supporting characters are to die for. Imagine all the supporting casts from their previous MMFF entries in one movie. It’s a RIOT!
- The came roles were exciting as well.
MARY, MARRY ME
TONI GONZAGA || SAM MILBY || ALEX GONZAGA
TEN17 P || TINCAN PRODUCTIONS
- This movie is quite disappointing. Maybe because I expected too much since this is a Toni Gonzaga movie.
- Alex Gonzaga is quite funny but a little overacting. I don’t know if that’s what the director asked for.
- The young Alex and Toni both gave justice to their respective roles.
- There were scenes and characters that were not needed and didn’t compliment the main casts and the story.
- Seeing Mommy Pinty and Seve made me smile. They are really internet stars.
DINGDONG DANTES || VICE GANDA || RICHARD GUTIERREZ
STAR CINEMA || VIVA FILMS
- The movie is a fail. Considering Revenger Squad was improvement last year.
- The story and the “moral lesson” is quite forced to the taste of the viewers.
- The love teams were not needed in the story and were obviously cast for the fans.
- The dialogue and jokes were cringe-y.
- My .05 score is for ZION. He is so cute.
Hopefully more quality movies next festival.
December 7, 2018 – Platinum OMT Party (Astoria Plaza)
December 17, 2018 – Globe Christmas Party (SMX Convention Center)
December 18, 2018 – CMB Year End Party (TGT Radiate)
December 19, 2018 – ESB Christmas Team Building Party (Shangri-La Fort)
This trip to UAE is very random. Me and my friend, Leri were trying to book a flight going to Bali and then we just tried Dubai then voila it’s a SALE! It was one for the books but I will share the whole experience on my future post. You can also watch my UAE VLOG here: LYNDON TV || Season 5 || Episode 10: #DuBYE – United Arab Emirates.
I’ve received countless invites from my “friend” to visit Dubai. I’m really hesitant because we all know that this is a desert and I am not a fan of walking under the sun. True enough, the moment we went out of the airport, I can already feel the Dubai heat. I would describe it as hanging out behind a huge aircon. Anyway, I go for a walking shorts kind of OOTD for this shot trip.
DUBAI MALL AND BURJ KHALIFA
DUBAI SAFARI DESERT
FERRARI WORLD AND SHIEK ZAYED GRAND MOSQUE
ETIHAD TOWERS AND EMIRATES PALACE
SOUK MADINAT AND DUBAI CREEK
Since, I wore shorts that’s an inch shorter than the standard length in entering the mosque I was forced to wear a KANDURA.
EXTRA OOTD: KANDURA
Dubai and Abu Dhabi
Asia Pop Comic Con 2017 and 2018.
Globe Platinum OMT TEAM Tali Weekend
I had an IG Stories Q&A with my followers on Instagram earlier today, and one of the questions that struck me is about GRAY ZONE.
When things were not yet complicated there were just: Married or In A Relationship. As we enter the new millennium new categories were used. Secret On, Friends With Benefits, FUBU and Dating to name a few. Then there came the millennial era where everything is complicated. I’m sure most of you heard of these terms: Ghosting, Friendzone, DTR, Lemming and Gray Zone.
So, what is a Gray Zone? Remember when people will say there are just 2 options, Black or White. If you are confused or lost and can not define what’s happening between you and the other person that you’ve been talking, kissing or spending most of your time with, that is the GRAY ZONE. It’s not a YES nor a NO. You’re not in a relationship but you are not just friends. What could be more blurry than this stupid area? Right?
So, the question was, “Have you been on Gray Zone?”. The answer is YES! Maybe because I am that type of person who is not particular with labels and DTR. As long as we get along and we are happy, I’m fine with it. Wait, only because I haven’t met that person who I will be defining something with.
Let me share a story.
A lot of you will agree that the best way to get over someone is to find someone new. I was talking to my best friend that time sharing my story about “this person”, let’s call this person: BIMBO. Bimbo broke my heart without Bimbo knowing it. We used to hang out everyday, we would call each other before sleeping and then one day it just stopped. No explanation, no whatever. Next morning, I saw Bimbo spending more time with CUTIE. It broke my heart that time, I even bought my first expensive bag because of that. I was very upset and my best friend said why not try meeting new people. She suggested that I should try talking to “that person”, let’s call that person: MASTERMIND. I’m not attracted to Mastermind at all but there’s this one time, I’m on my way to a meeting and I bumped into Mastermind inside the lift. I started a small talk and Mastermind started teasing me. From then on, we became secret friends. We would not talk when we see each other but we will send SMS and Facebook messenger chats. It went on for months and true enough, I forgot Bimbo. Though that secret friendship with Mastermind didn’t reach another level and we just lost it. Little did we know, the following months would be more colorful for us. Mastermind started hanging out with me. Mastermind would give me stuff I like and mind you, Mastermind did research pretty well. When people started to notice that there is something going on between us, I started ignoring Mastermind. The hanging out became a single nod when we see each other or worse not look at each other’s eyes at all. I thought it’s the end of our connection. Then came one afternoon of 2017, we started talking again and this time I thought it’s going to be different. Mastermind would send me messages or call me every hour, we would spend breakfast, lunch and afternoon snacks together. I’ve started to feel something with what’s happening that time. Every time we would hold hands or kiss I can feel that there’s a different connection between us. People would ask us if we are already together and to me it didn’t feel right. We talked about it and came up with a mutual decision by not defining the relationship we have. It’s perfectly fine with me but a part of me wanted to try if we would click together. We can’t deny that the chemistry is very strong but it’s meant to be just like that. Mastermind is my soulmate, my best friend and my almost relationship. Eventually, I figured out I don’t want to be stuck on that zone, the Gray zone and it was a clever decision not to put a label on that relationship.
You know the signs are there but you just don’t want to deal with it. A part of you wants to believe that in time, this will be perfect. I tell you, it’s not a walk in the park. When you start asking yourself how he/she feels about you: “He likes me but is it enough?”, “She does enjoy spending time with me, does it mean she cares about me?”. Let me tell you straight to the point. He/She likes you but he/she doesn’t like you enough to be in a relationship with you. Chemistry is not an instant thing and compatibility doesn’t end in music, movies or food, it’s a special connection you have. Find that spark. You hang out almost everyday but he doesn’t want to make it official. You talk for hours but you don’t hear from her after. He refuses to be exclusive but doesn’t want to put label. She always tell you she misses you but there is no effort being made to spend time with you. If you see lack of liking then know your way out. If that’s how he/she feels about you, you can never change it. Don’t assume that he/she is the right person for you because obviously, he/she is not.
Do not focus on the things that you want to hear and disregard the things that stating the obvious. It’s like you are ignoring the truth and you’re just waiting for him/her to return the time and affection that you’ve been giving him/her. We can never force someone to feel something towards us because it will be painful in the end. Sometimes we think that he is just dropping clues because he can’t say it directly. We think that if we let this person go away, we’ve wasted the possibility of having a future with him. To be honest, from the very start it was very clear, there is no future in that relationship. If you’ve exerted much effort and he is still not interested in defining the relationship, you’ve done your part and it’s going to be a waste of time if you will continue pursuing this person. The right person will not let you guess and will take every opportunity to be with you. The next time you’ll be stuck in this Gray area ask yourself what led you to this situation. Do not repeat the same mistake and bring it in your next relationship. Make sure to do some soul searching or self realization so you can always come out of this area on the first sign of danger.
Truth is, getting over someone you never had is worse than an actual break-up. There will always be what if and what could have been .
I’ve visited Bali, Indonesia twice this year. The first was a short weekend with my Globe friends then followed by a 5-day trip with my cousins. As we all know, Bali is a tropical country surrounded by water. I must admit, I am not in my best form during both of my visits here. Anyway, for the heck of it, let me still share to you my island look.
WANAGIRI HIDDEN VALLEY
ULUN DAN BERATAN TEMPLE
PADANG PADANG BEACH
OMNIA BEACH CLUB
NEW PONDOK SARA VILLAS
Ok, so here’s the deal. The next time I will visit Bali, I promise I would be in better shape. Planning to explore this island next year again. Wanna join? G?
May 30 – June 4, 2018